Friday, March 25, 2011

Hate Post #2

This is another hate post. My only aim of writing this is to cement my reputation as a jerk and a cynical middle aged bitter man. If, however, this post helps make the world a less annoying place to live in, I would like to categorically state that that is not my intention at all.

(Note: If you find similarities between yourself and what you are about to read, chances are I AM refering to you.)

1. Parents of "we-are-not-married-yet" kid

There was an interview done by 89.9 BFM radio station of a young girl. In it, the girl's response to whether she thinks that sex education should be introduced in school was "No, I don't think it should be introduced because we are not married yet". It's as if being taught about sex in school is equivalent to having sex in school, and one needs to tie the knot before one can have any knowledge of the "horizontal tango". I don't blame her though, for she is much too young to have formed such ignorant opinions. The parents should be blamed, for either a lack of education or an overdose of religious hogwash brainwashing.

2. Lighting up in indoor restaurants

I really hate having smoked wantan noodles, smoked nasi lemak, or smoked teow chew porridge, but seeing how there is currently no law against smoking in non-air conditioned indoor restaurants, I know I am figthing a losing battle. What I fail to understand is how some people can smoke even in front of their toddlers.

3. People walking their dogs with empty hands

Picture this. A man, walking his Great Dane along the streets of his neighbours' houses, and while one hand is holding tightly to the leash, the other hand carries some plastic bag and a pair of tongs. This is an example of a responsible dog owner. The rest of you, I hope other people's dogs defecates in front of your car porch as karmaic payback.


4. Traffic reporters wannabes

It seems to be gaining popularity, taking a photo of the immobilised cars in front of you while you are stuck in peak period traffic congestion, and then immediately uploading it to your social media page. This seems like a slap in the face of our respected traffic police force, who would like nothing better than to slap these drivers back with summons for fiddling with their smartphones while on the road.

5. Racist radio advertisements.

I think the Government should haul up the assess of the people responsible for racially offensive radio adverts that stereotypes Malaysian Chinese (notice how I put "Malaysian" first? How PC) as having a substandard grasp of conversing in English. The many Phua Chu Kang poor sounding impersonations bespeaks the lack of originality and creativity in our Malaysian advertising house/radio stations, and makes my sepit eyes tremble and my yellow skin turning purple and red with rage.

No comments: