Thursday, June 21, 2012

Life of a Cubicle Dweller


Random cartoon from internet. Not sure who to credit it to.
Don't sue me for copyright infringement!

Tired from staring at the flickering screens of my office laptop, I closed my eyes and leaned back in my chair.

When I reopened my eyes, the dotted panels of my ceiling stared back at me.

I did what all accountants are trained for years to do.

I started counting.

Not the dots. Even I am not that crazy yet.

I counted the panels that covered my cubicle.

When I was done with mine, I started counting the panels on my neighbour's ceiling.

He had more than mine.

Which means he has more cubicle space than mine.

Fuck my life.

Note:
When I raised this miscarriage of justice and inequitable corporate practice to Human Resources, they defended it by claiming my neighbour was slightly larger than me in terms of bodily size, and hence, the cubicle to body size ratio is a fairer measurement method, instead of just comparing the absolute size of the cubicles (or the number of ceiling panels).

Challenge accepted. I am ballooning myself to 100 kg.

Scott Adams, if you happen to pay a visit here, please Dilbertize this!

No comments: